Beef and sweet potato curry
Gluten free / dairy free / low FODMAP
Cooking time 60 minutes
- ½ Tbsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Salt and pepper
- 350g beef rump or braising steak, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp garlic olive oil
- ½ Tbsp gluten free curry powder
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 250ml gluten free chicken stock
- One tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato cut into cubes
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- Combine the flour, paprika, garam masala and salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the beef and coat thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the curry powder and heat for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the beef to the pan and toss until the beef is brown on the outside. Stir in the tomato puree and stock. Bring to the boil and them reduce the heat to a medium – low. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 50-60 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile boil the sweet potatoes in a saucepan for approx. 20-25 minutes until soft then drain.
- Add the potato to the curry. Once cooked remove from the heat and stir in the spinach to wilt.
- Serve with brown rice