Beetroot and sausage pasta
Gluten free / low FODMAP
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Heck sausages
- 180g gluten free pasta
- 2 cooked beetroots
- 120ml greek yogurt
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- sea salt and pepper
- 50g spinach
- 20g feta
- handful pine nuts
- Place the pasta into a saucepan and cover with boiling water.
- Simmer as per the packet instructions until the pasta is soft or the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and add the sausages, turning regularly until cooked through
- Make the beetroot sauce by combining the beetroots, 1/2 tbsp oil, yogurt, garlic and salt and pepper in a blender and blitz until a smooth consistency
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan stirring in the sauce.
- Cut the sausages into pieces and add these to the pasta.
- Stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Serve with a crumbling of feta and pine nuts