Immune Strengthening Stroganoff
Cooking time 15 minutes
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 150g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 150ml beef stock
- 250g grass fed beef sirloin, cut into strips
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ Lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in a saucepan with 250ml of water. Bring to the boil then reduce to a medium heat and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until all the water has dissolved.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Once warm add the onion, garlic and paprika and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and leeks and fry for 5-8 minutes until soft.
- Add the vinegar and boil to reduce the liquid until almost evaporated.
- Pour over the stock and allow to bubble for a few minutes until thickened slightly
- Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt and squeeze over the juice of the lemon.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parsley.