Lentil, cauliflower & chickpea curry
Gluten free / vegetarian
Cooking time 30 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp medium curry paste
2 carrots, sliced
125g red lentils throughly rinsed
200g cauliflower florets
400ml coconut milk
Half a 400g tin Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Juice of ½ lemon
- 600g cooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp thick live yogurt
- Small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180degrees and heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions with the garlic and spices for 5 minutes.
- Add in the carrots and cook for a further 3 mins
- Stir in the lentils, coconut milk and water and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile place the cauliflower on a baking tray and drizzle in olive oil and salt & pepper and cook in the oven for for 8 minutes
- Once cooked add the cauliflower to the saucepan along with the chickpeas and continue cooking for another 10 min. Add extra water if needed.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve with the rice, fresh coriander and yogurt.