Lentil, chickpea & cauliflower daal
Gluten free / dairy free / Vegetarian
Cooking time 60 minutes
- 1Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 5cm fresh ginger/ 1tsp ginger
- 1tsp coriander
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp garam masala
- 2tsp cumin
- 2tsp paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 vegetable stock
- 150g rinsed red lentils
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 600ml water
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 100g baby spinach
- Coconut yogurt
- Fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and all the spices until the onion has softened.
- Add the chilli and cook for a further minute.
- pour in the lentils, tomatoes, stock and 600ml water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower and chickpeas and cook for a further 10 minutes until soft.
- Finally stir in the spinach until wilted and add any further seasoning required.
- Serve with fresh coriander and coconut yogurt.