Potato and parsnip soup
Gluten free / dairy free / low FODMAP / vegetarian
- 1 Tbsp garlic olive oil
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- 6 parsnips peeled and sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
- 750ml gluten free vegetable stock
- 125ml semi skimmed or dairy free milk
- 80g crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the celery and cook for approx. 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the parsnips and potatoes and cooked for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before pouring into a food processor.
- Add the milk and feta and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and season with salt and pepper and a sprinkling of chives.