Gluten free / vegetarian
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 garlic glove
- Salt & peppe
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- One handful of baby spinach
- 1 egg
- 30g feta cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- 1 slice seeded rye bread / gluten free bread
- 2tbsp natural yogurt
- Place oil in frying pan over a medium heat. Once heated add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper, turmeric, cumin and chilli flakes. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the pepper and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato’s and tomato puree and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir the spinach into mixture.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and crack the egg into it. Cook for 5–8 minutes, until the outer has turned white and the centre is runny.
- Crumble over the feta and sprinkle on the parsley.
- Serve straight from the pan with a slice of seeded rye bread and top with the yogurt.