Sweet potato with chickpeas and tahini
Gluten free / vegetarian
- 2 sweet potato’s
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ½ red onion chopped
- 200g chickpeas
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 30g Live full fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- 20g pine nuts
- 40g pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp Sauerkraut
- Pre heat the oven to 180º and bake the sweet potatoes for 45mins-1hour or until the centre is soft.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and fry for 2-3 mins until soft.
- Stir in the chickpeas and warm through. Add the spinach to the mixture and allow to wilt.
- Add the lemon juice and gently mash the chickpeas until they are slightly crushed.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, lemon juice and tahini and season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, cut open the sweet potatoes and fill with the bean mixture. Drizzle over the tahini yogurt and sprinkle with pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with the sauerkraut on the side.